Nightly tunnel roadwork will occur:
Monday thru Friday: 9 pm – 6 am
Sunday: 9 pm – 6 am
Travelers can expect 30 minute delays.
Early Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19
between 1:00 am and 3:30 am
expect minor delays in travel across the CBBT
CBBT Personnel will hold traffic in both directions at Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel for approximately 30 minutes as CTJV, the contractor for the Parallel Thimble Shoal Tunnel Project, performs construction work near the roadway.
Once this work is complete, traffic will be released in each direction.
This traffic detail is in addition to the regular traffic details that occur nightly between the hours of 9 pm and 6 am.
We apologize in advance for these minor delays.
- Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel:
- Motorists are to be advised of the 45 mph speed reduction throughout Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel, as work is performed in the Southbound Open Approach areas of the tunnel. >>Learn More
Stay in the know!
- Download the 511 smartphone app or 511-integrated WAZE app.
- Visit the 511 Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone.
- Follow the CBBT on Twitter @FollowTheGulls.