As we approach 60 years of age, maintenance projects are increasing on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to preserve the safe condition of the facility.
Nightly tunnel roadwork will occur Monday thru Friday, 9 pm – 6:45 am and travelers can expect 30 minute delays.
In addition to these nightly delays, please be aware of additional changes in traffic patterns across the CBBT:
- Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel:
- Motorists are to be advised of the 45 mph speed reduction throughout Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel, as work is performed in the Southbound Open Approach areas of the tunnel. >>Learn More
- Northbound Travelers:
- Motorists are to be advised of single lane closures along portions of the northbound roadway, beginning near Virginia Beach and occurring across the facility to Fisherman Island, as CNS-LUS Cabinetry is relocated and new lighting is installed. >>Learn More
Stay in the know!
- Download the 511 smartphone app or 511-integrated WAZE app.
- Visit the 511 Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone.
- Follow the CBBT on Twitter @FollowTheGulls.