As we approach 60 years of age, maintenance projects are increasing on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to preserve the safe condition of the facility.
Nightly tunnel roadwork will occur Monday thru Friday, 9 pm – 6:45 am and travelers can expect 30 minute delays.
- Northbound Travelers:
- Motorists are advised of a single lane closure across “A” Trestle, beginning near South Toll Plaza in Virginia Beach and continuing to the first island (Portal Island #1), as Phase III of the milling and paving project is now underway. >>Learn More
- Motorists are to be advised of single lane closures along portions of the northbound roadway, beginning near Virginia Beach and occurring across the facility to Fisherman Island, as CNC-LUS Cabinetry is relocated and new lighting is installed. >>Learn More
- Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel:
- Motorists are to be advised of the 45 mph speed reduction throughout Thimble Shoal Channel Tunnel, as work is performed in the Southbound Open Approach areas of the tunnel. >>Learn More
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel District takes this public health issue regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) seriously, and as a result, the District is being more vigilant than ever in regard to the health, safety and well-being of its employees and the traveling public.
In an effort to reduce the opportunities for contamination and decrease the chances of exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), per the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the CBBT has discontinued its Driver Assistance and Wind Van Programs until further notice.
Additionally, the Administration Building, as well as the North and South Toll Plaza buildings, are currently closed to the public. Personnel remain ready to assist by calling (757) 331.2960.
Stay in the know!
- Download the 511 smartphone app or 511-integrated WAZE app.
- Visit the 511 Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone.
- Follow the CBBT on Twitter @FollowTheGulls.